Re: RARA-AVIS: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

From: Steve Gerlach (stezzariffic@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Dec 2009

    I'd pay more than $10!

     Cheers,

    Steve http://www.stevegerlach.com

    Follow me on Twitter @stezza666

    ________________________________ From: James Michael Rogers <jeddak5@cox.net> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thu, 17 December, 2009 11:06:10 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

       On the plus side, if "we" actually go to Kindle type deivery systems the short story might become economically viable for the first time in my lifetime. Incidentally, the recording blog Lefsetz Letter had an interesting note on the superiority of subscription models over trying to make it on single unit sales. Might be true. Think anyone would pay ten dollars a year for access to, say, new product by the stable of Rara-Avis writers? I think they might.

    James

    ----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Gerlach To: rara-avis-l@ yahoogroups. com Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 16:56 Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

    Dave,

    I can guarantee the publishers of today will not be the publishers of tomorrow.

    Paradigm shift. Now.

    SG

    ____________ _________ _________ __ From: davezeltserman <Dave.Zeltserman@ gmail.com> To: rara-avis-l@ yahoogroups. com Sent: Thu, 17 December, 2009 9:34:39 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

    http://www.thetechh erald.com/ article.php/ 200951/4953/ Amazon-secures- Kindle-exclusivi ty-with-bestsell ing-author- Stephen-R- Covey

    The ramifications for this are enormous. A mega-bestselling writer signing an exclusive deal with amazon/kindle. It's sure looking like the publishers of the future aren't going to be Random House, Knopf, Simon & Shuster, Little Brown, etc., but amazon/kindle, bn.com, Walmart, Target, etc.

    --Dave

    ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now: http://au.movies. yahoo.com/ session-times/