Re: RARA-AVIS: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 16 Dec 2009

    Covey write business books, and is a mega-bestseller--sells millions of his books.

    The Stephen King thing was early on, before the Kindle. As amazon is showing now with this deal, the big retailers can structure deals that are attractive enough to get blockbuster authors to bypass traditional publishers. I think this is going to be the first of many such deals we hear about, and I won't be surprised to see Walmart and others jump into this.