RARA-AVIS: Peter Rabe and Howard Browne

From: tomarmstrongmusic (tom@tomarmstrongmusic.com)
Date: 04 Sep 2009

    Gotta pile on - "The Taste of Ashes" is one of my all-time fave PI books, a really excellent read.

    As for Rabe, I don't think I've read a single one of his that I didn't dig on some level. I think "Anatomy of a Killer", one of his hardbacks, is a real high point. "Kill The Boss Goodbye" is excellent. "The Box" is very odd and superb. "Journey Into Terror" starts out as a classic vengeance tale and gradually morphs into something else, it's a very good read. "Murder Me For Nickels" has an action set piece in a record warehouse that's not to be missed.

    OK I'll stop now. Yah I loves me some Peter Rabe.

    Tom Armstrong