RARA-AVIS: The Mad Ones

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 02 Sep 2009

    Has any picked up The Mad Ones: Crazy Joe and the Revolution on the Edge of the Underworld? It's the story of Joey Gallo told in beatnik style and it portrays the Gallo brothers has having been the hip new generation in mobsters in the 60s. I just picked it up and I want to like it, but I'm not holding up much hope for it after reading the mixed reviews it's getting on Amazon and GoodReads. It's got all the elements of a good read for me in that it's mob history, New York history, humor, etc.

    Jeff