Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Tobias Jones on Ross Macdonald in yesterday's Guardian

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 05 Aug 2009

    Whereas Hammett, Chandler, Macdonald and Spillane pretty much make up the Mt. Rushmore of hard-boiled detective fiction.

      however one may feel about the merits and minuses of each of these authors, here lies the foundation upon which the genre was constructed

    John Lau

    ?I've got an appointment with destiny and I'm fifteen minutes late