RARA-AVIS: Re: Tobias Jones on Ross Macdonald in yesterday's Guardian

From: Dick Lochte (dlochte@gmail.com)
Date: 05 Aug 2009

    Mark wrote:

    "And, as far as I know, Macdonald didn't spend time writing screenplays (not that Chandler wrote that many of them)."

    I don't know how much time Macdonald spent, but he did spend some. I interviewed him back in the day and was a bit amused when he asked: "How do you write a screenplay?" He was about to embark on an adaptation of one of his books -- my fuzzy memory suggests it was The Instant Enemy.

    Dick Lochte