Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Slapstick-Silly Noir

From: gsp.schoo@MOT.com
Date: 18 Jun 2009

    Over the top not a new trend? Yes, as you've shown Al, though I think what might be in a bit of an upswing are "literary" types noticing that there's something serious going on in the genre and thinking it worthy of their efforts, only to find there's more to it than anticipated and as a consequence, calling the results parody. Not that the genre can't stand up to it, but that it's been done and so often better, by folks with long experience in the genre.

    And I agree also that I must stop laughing. My ribs hurt.

    Best (both implied and, I hope, inferred), Kerry

    PS: Anybody know where I can pick up a used flame-thrower, cheap? Mommy's calling me in early, again.