RARA-AVIS: Re: Willie Garvin and Friends

From: Dick Lochte (dlochte@gmail.com)
Date: 24 Apr 2009

    Just wondering how exactly one might find the complete collection of Modesty comic strips?

    About the Joseph Losey movie version, if I hadn't just seen it a year or so ago, I'd have probably thought he'd used his wife, Melina Mercouri, too. But he didn't. It was Monica Vitti. There was also a TV pilot done in US with Ann Turkel. And a Quentin Tarantino-produced movie, "My Name Is Modesty" starring an actress named Alexandra Staden. It's just OK, but the DVD does feature an interview with the very aged author-creator Peter O'Donnell and synopses and the opening strips of every Modesty comic adventure.