RARA-AVIS: Re: P.M. Hubbard

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Steve Lewis <stevelewis62@...> wrote:

    > I don't know if you found my website as part of your investigation,
    but I
    > have a long article about him at
    > http://www.mysteryfile.com/Hubbard/Worlds.html .
    >
    > Included is an exchange of letters with the author, and an in-depth
    > analysis of each of his books.

    Thanks, no, I hadn't seen that article, but now I have. I am going to keep an eye out for more Hubbard stuff. He had some kind of magic, for me, at least. Typical case of serendipity (Hubbard was included in a Detective Club triple that I bought for a Dewey novel).

    Todd points out that Hubbard is more horror than gothic. I would add that he is also partially noir in attitude. An interesting guy, to judge from this one example.

    Best,

    mrt