RARA-AVIS: The Face of Another (Teshigahara)

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Dec 2008

    I would like to put in a plug for this film by the late Japanese master Hiroshi Teshigahara. It is a noir-absurdist film, also a philosophical film and a stunning piece of film-making in all respects
    (music by Takemitsu). Starring Tatsuya Nakadai and Machiko Kyo, script by Abe from one of his novels.

    Don't miss out on this one! Somehow, this type of film doesn't seem to get made anymore. I was thinking this today while watching Wajda's equally stunning _The Promised Land_ (after Reymont's book).

    Best,

    mrt