Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Apply Now: Banff International Literary Translation Centre

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 24 Oct 2008

    In the same vein...and in another Œlangue¹...you should hear some French natives (like me) talk about Œles Canadiens¹ and their Œbastard¹ French...

    Remember you¹re always a peasant for somebody else...at the socio-linguists say...

    In any case I certainly have watched several French Canadian movies with the subtitles to make sure I got it...and I can say the same thing for some
    ŒEnglish¹ films with lots of slang/accents...etc...and I don¹t exactly understand what the whole fuss is about...or why ever putting the subtitles for kids in school would be a question...

    Maybe, I missed a meeting...

    Best Montois

    Steve Novak Cinefrog@comcast.net