RARA-AVIS: Death Wish

From: Anders Engwall (anders.engwall@comhem.se)
Date: 25 Oct 2008

    Just saw Michael Winner's DEATH WISH for the first time in years. Jeez, what utter bollocks. What is left of Brian Garfield's novel is a simple-minded
    "exterminate all the brutes" kind of vengeance fantasy. And Bronson could not act to save his life.

    Anyhow, then I checked it out and I found it was initially supposed to be directed by Sidney Lumet, and to star Jack Lemmon. Now, that sounds like one of the great "what if" movies...