RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir Originals

From: Gonzalo Baeza (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 06 Jul 2008

    Thanks for the excellent interview with Tom Franklin. It's refreshing to see a mainstream author embrace his genre influences so openly. I liked his Poachers collection. I wasn't that thrilled about Smonk
    (I reviewed it here: http://saddlebums.blogspot.com/2007/09/saddlebums-review-smonk-by-tom- franklin.html).

    I guess you can call his writings - including his Westersns - noirish. I think the escellent Hard Times mag dedicated an issue to noir Westerns. Speaking of which, has anyone read Tom Piccirilli's two Westerns? I have one of them and intend to read it soon.

    -Gonzalo.