Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: There Will Be Ham

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 28 May 2008

In a message dated 5/28/08 9:08:33 AM, kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com writes:

> In fact, NO COUNTRY recalled for me the Coen's very first film, BLOOD
> SIMPLE, stylistically and thematically, one of the more neglected
> crime films of the last thirty years or so and one of my favourites.
> What with MILLER'S CROSSING, FARGO and THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE, the
> Coens might just be the most consistently rewarding crime filmmakers
> we've had in a long time.

since you didn't mention them, I'm sure you don't feel the same affection for RAISING ARIZONA or THE BIG LEBOWSKI, both crime films by the bros Coen, albeit more stylized and comical ones. both brilliant exercises, where I come from

John Lau

************** Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

( http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)