Re: RARA-AVIS: There Will Be Blood

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 28 May 2008

In a message dated 5/28/08 6:24:27 AM, dave@hardluckstories.com writes:

> I could not disagree more.  This was a fascinating and rich story of
> two men's obsession to accumulate wealth and power (one through oil,
> the other religion) and their eventual ruin. And this movie actually
> has a satisfying (and shocking) ending, unlike the fraudulant Oscar
> winner this past year, No Country for Old Men.
>
> Rolling Stone has a good review on this:

they're not the only one. it's generally a well regarded film

I don't feel the need to belabor my problems with the picture. but off the top of my head, 3 films I much prefered last year: Charlie Wilson's War. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. The Lookout

John Lau

************** Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

( http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)