Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Recent finds on opposite sides of the continent

From: blumenidiot ( blumenidiot@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Apr 2008

--- DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net wrote:

> Marks wrote:
>
> "Was there a specific point at which the Spenser
> novels became less
> interesting? I liked the early ones too, . . . I do
> remember really
> liking #6 and #7, Looking for Rachel Wallace and
> Early Autumn . . ."
>
> Funny, those were the ones that started my
> disillusionment with
> Parker/Spenser. The one sided feminist debate in
> the one and the
> exagerrated Hemingway macho (make you a man by
> building a house in the
> woods) in the other were just too much for me.
>
> Mark

I think the decline began when Parker allowed Susan to return from her returning as a psychologist. It was completed by her obtaining the dog.

I wonder if all this was reflecting Parker's personal life. From what I remember he and his wife lived in the same building but in non-connecting wings.

You and I have discussed Crais' Elvis Cole retaining the wrong girlfriend. At least in the last I read in the series they were splitting and a woman nearly identical to the one Crais killed off is still around. A third Mark