RARA-AVIS: Re: Real guys don't worry a whole lot about if they're real guys or not...

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Mar 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "cptpipes2000" <cptpipes@...> wrote:

> Maybe I have honed my senses on which R-A messages to skim or maybe
> the skirmishes on the topic predate my arrival, but I don't recall
> seeing much derision of women HB and noir writers on this list. I
> scanned the archives as well for evidence, but may have missed
> something.

I've been here since the first day and I can recall no such derision. On the other hand, since this list deals with hardboiled literature, many female writers have not been discussed because their work does not fit. But the same is true of many male mystery and suspense writers, of course. We only cover a thin slice of what's out there.

As to derision, I would not recommend it. For one thing, it's terrible karma. For another, spoiling somebody's (potential) pleasure by ridiculing a writer is not productive.

Best,

mrt