RARA-AVIS: Re: Real guys don't worry a whole lot about if they're real guys or not...

From: cptpipes2000 ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 27 Mar 2008

Kevin said:
> All this talk about vanishing masculinity (and the ongoing derision
> of many female HB writers that pops up regularly on this list)
> seems to indicate a lot of male insecurity out there, and becomes a
> sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.
  Maybe I have honed my senses on which R-A messages to skim or maybe the skirmishes on the topic predate my arrival, but I don't recall seeing much derision of women HB and noir writers on this list. I scanned the archives as well for evidence, but may have missed something.

Vicki Hendricks, Val McDermid, Denise Mina, Patricia Highsmith are among my favorites and, with the exception of Highsmith, I learned about them from the rave reviews on this list.

Chris