Re:RE : RARA-AVIS: Re: Woody Allen OT

From: jxshannon2@aol.com
Date: 24 Feb 2008

For a time both Bergman and Rossellini were treated shamefully, not so much by the public-- though I believe there was a terrible to-do and baying for their blood in the scandal magazines of the time--but both were denied visas to the US for years and Rossellini was detained in passing through to somewhere else at the NY Airport (probably called Idylewild at the time). I was privileged to be visiting Houston when some friends were setting up the film school at Rice and I got to film an impromptu interview with Rossellini, and he had a wonderful dinner table tale of suing some Southern Senator who had been particularly venomous and getting the man detained briefly in Rome in a riposte. I suppose it was a very different era to treat "family-wrecking" and divorce so amazingly viciously.

( http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/ 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)