Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Phantom Lady / Bride [was: Woolrich recommendations? ]

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Feb 2008

--- William Ahearn < williamahearn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> No, Marnie is a sick, misogynistic and sadistic
> farce
> so people will line up for that. It's a despicable
> film.

**************************************************** You're weird, William! Needless to say, I completely disagree with you. MARNIE is not a generalization about all women. It is a very specific story about a specific psychological reaction to events, and for mainstream film making, it was groundbreaking in its day (1966). In my opinion it's Hitchcock's most under-rated film. Wonderfully cast even in supporting roles.

Do artists have to speak into your own personal political pov before you'll admit they're brilliant or even talented?

Patrick King

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs