RARA-AVIS: Re: Forum Format

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Feb 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark R. Harris"
<brokerharris@...> wrote:

> My pleasure would be **greatly** enhanced by those other
functionalities. I
> imagine that would be true of others, too, once they got used to the
> increased range of options.
>
> But I'll get off my soapbox now. Here's a prediction: within two
years from
> today (one year is more likely), the group will either have migrated
to the
> sort of format I describe, or been significantly rivaled by a group that
> does.

That's fine. We are not in competition with anybody, we are not a company, we don't advertise, anybody can start a group that discusses the same topics, etc. And if we disappear as a group, nothing will happen. Let's not take ourselves so seriously... My prediction is that Rara-Avis will continue, though, as long as the fans like the content. We are nowhere near exhausting the content, even if we were to stick to dead guys... which we shouldn't by any means.

Best,

mrt