RARA-AVIS: Re: Forum Format

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Feb 2008

Mark,

Re your comment below:

"Not meaning to be belligerent about this :), but with other web-based formats that are more advanced than the rather primitive Yahoo Groups, you can have the very broad range of personalized functionalities I have described, including the ability to receive emails but **only** the emails you want to receive. Let me put it this way: if formats exist (as they clearly do) that would allow rara-avis-l members to do all that, what argument is there for us not availing ourselves of them? I'm just not getting it."

I think there's a sense here that the current system works, and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

And, of course, it goes without saying that any system that would give members the option of avoiding having to read my endless repetitins of all that is wrong with Altman's THE LONG GOODBYE should be resisted to the last drop of blood.

JIM DOHERTY

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs