RARA-AVIS: Re: Forum Format

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Feb 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark R. Harris"
<brokerharris@...> wrote:

> Not meaning to be belligerent about this :), but with other web-based
> formats that are more advanced than the rather primitive Yahoo
Groups, you
> can have the very broad range of personalized functionalities I have
> described, including the ability to receive emails but **only** the
emails
> you want to receive. Let me put it this way: if formats exist (as they
> clearly do) that would allow rara-avis-l members to do all that, what
> argument is there for us not availing ourselves of them? I'm just not
> getting it.

I don't know that the membership wants a lot of personalized functionalities. Personally (!) I hate all the buddy facebookish stuff and would not want to take part in a facebookish discussion group. I don't have a lot of time to spend on the web, which doesn't particularly attract me, generally speaking. The forum, as it stands, allows anyone who has something to say to get on the soapbox and say it. It is efficient.

Best,

mrt