RARA-AVIS: Re: No off-topic politics here, please

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 15 Nov 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, John Williams <johnwilliams@...> wrote:

> > >Y'all seem to have a difficult time discerning when a
> > >person has his tongue planted firmly in his cheek for
> > >a given post.
> >
> > Well, even from all the way over in Britain it seemed pretty
clear to
> > me you were joking, and I'd like to join the chorus of 'come
back Jim'
> > voices.
> >

> > What's happened to the moderation on this list anyway? Did I
miss Bill
> > Denton bowing out or something? I can live with the odd raccoon
thread
> > but the ugliness of tone is getting wearing.
> >

> > .
> > John

I completely agree about the ugliness of tone that has increased of late. Let me say that I am not referring to Jim Doherty, as I recognized it as schtick. Perhaps having met him a few times helps me do that. I do hope Jim returns as I am interested in hearing his opinions even when I disagree with them.

It should be possible to discuss and, at times, disagree without competing to see who can come across as the biggest jerk.

Richard Moore