RARA-AVIS: Re: Eight Million Ways to Die-the movie

From: John ( killerjoe27@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Nov 2007

I love the book, but I've never watched the movie. However, I've been told that Oliver Stone changed the setting from New York to Los Angeles for the movie version, and that there are some other mportant changes as well.

One of my grown-up nephews is a "serious" student of film, and he said that the movie is absolutely horrible, one of the worst projects that Stone has ever been involved in.

Despite all that, I'm hoping to watch the movie the next time it shows up on one of my cable channels. Based on Jeff Bridges' fine performances in "Cutter's Way" and "The Morning After", I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Not sure if I would pay good money for video rental, though...

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Cain" <IndieCrime@...> wrote:

> I just Googled Eight Million Ways to Die, and I found out there was
> movie made in 1986, directed by Hal Ashby with a screenplay by
Oliver