Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The definition of literature

From: William Ahearn ( williamahearn@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Nov 2007

--- jimdohertyjr < jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Translation: Once it becomes clear that I've lost
> the argument,
> accuse my opponent of not clearly understanding what
> I was saying in
> the first place.

Look, I told you before that we should just agree to disagree but nooooooooo, you have to insist that you're right and not only that but that I'm a literary elitist. Jim, I don't care. Really. This ridiculous discussion about genre only appears on lists where genre readers seem to be defensive about pointless definitions. (Although obviously not all definitions are pointless.) Okay? So, you're right, Jim. You're always right. And you'll always be right. But I am not going to be the crash-test dummy for your unchained anger. So you're right, Jim. As always.

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>