Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Chandler's The Lady in the Lake

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 07 Nov 2007

That's some interesting information about Chandler's work on the script. I still don't think its any good, largely because the gimmick detracts from the film and well, the changes aren't any good. I hope it wasn't Chandler who had Marlowe get engaged at the end. Also, I've never seen Altman's The Long Goodbye,and I really didn't want to dredge all that up again. There have been three separate outbreaks of Long Goodbye Mania since I joined the list, and I don't want to be responsible for another.