Re: RARA-AVIS: Tie-ins and such

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2007

--- Juri Nummelin < juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi> wrote:
> I think, though, that Ed's original question was about
> TV-related tie-ins, not tie-ins generally.

Thanks for all the background on tie-ins. Good stuff. I just wondered about the inception of TV tie-ins. I mean when did TVs first go on the market? Early 1950s? And I know not all families had one (too expensive, etc.). I believe our family's first TV
(1958?) was a cast-off with a crappy picture when it worked at all. It's interesting how the pulp writers adapted to write the TV tie-ins. I haven't read many, if any, and thought it might be an enjoyable way to read more work by our favorite pulpsters like Gil Brewer.

Ed