Back to Joe Gores's Pages (was Re: RARA-AVIS: The moral implication of killing)

From: foxbrick ( foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Oct 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>
> ". . . and was twice selected to be a witness to electrocutions (last
> minute reprieves saved me from that),"
>
> Joe Gores wrote a very moving story, Second Coming, about being such a
> witness.

"The Second Coming" and "Goodbye, Pops," as read by me as a kid in either Robert Arthur or Harold Q. Masur (probably the latter) ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS: volumes, are stories that have stuck with me for decades, and will probably continue to do so. "Coming" might even have helped shape my opinion of the practice.

Todd Mason