Back to Joe Gores's Pages (was Re: RARA-AVIS: The moral implication of killing)

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Oct 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "foxbrick" <foxbrick@...> wrote:

> "The Second Coming" and "Goodbye, Pops," as read by me as a kid in
> either Robert Arthur or Harold Q. Masur (probably the latter) ALFRED
> HITCHCOCK PRESENTS: volumes, are stories that have stuck with me for
> decades, and will probably continue to do so. "Coming" might even have
> helped shape my opinion of the practice.
>
> Todd Mason

Likewise; those two stories are masterpieces of crime writing. They can comfortably stand with the best stories of Hammett or Chandler. Now, refresh my memory: did we ever have a Gores month? Even though we have discussed him occasionally, I don't recall the full treatment here at rara-avis.

Best,

mrt