RARA-AVIS: Chasing the Devil's Tail by David Fulmer

From: Victoria Two ( msvictoriatwo@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Oct 2007

  It has been awhile since I read Chasing the Devil's Tail so my specifics are hazy but I remember liking it very much. Some readers have found the language stilted but I breezed thru it just fine. The private investigator is of mixed blood and can sometimes pass for white, which gives it another level of interest. I took the description of the brothels to be accurate and I have read a lot of (non-fiction) books about brothels, living as I do in a town that hosts two of them. This is the first book in a series that now has at least three. I really enjoyed the New Orleans history.

  Victoria

  Another was Chasing the Devil's Tail by a fellow named

Fulmer. I read a couple chapters of it and it seemed

good. It's about a series of killings of prostitutes

in the New Orleans red light district about a hundred

years ago. One of the characters is Jelly Roll Morton

before he became Jelly Roll Morton.

Anybody read these? Comments?

miker