Re: RARA-AVIS: Chasing the Devil's Tail by David Fulmer

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Oct 2007

Victoria wrote:

It has been awhile since I read Chasing the Devil's Tail so my specifics are hazy but I remember liking it very much... I took the description of the brothels to be accurate and I have read a lot of (non-fiction) books about brothels, living as I do in a town that hosts two of them.

*************** Thank you for the feedback, Victoria. After just a couple of chapters, I was looking at some of the nonfiction about New Orleans's Storyville myself. I found a couple books and a DVD documentary that looked interesting. From what I gathered, there was a photographer (Bellocq?) who photographed some of the prostitutes back then.

miker