Re: RARA-AVIS: Chester Himes question

From: Stewart Wilson ( stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 15 Oct 2007

Hi Keith,
 According to CHESTER HIMES A LIFE by James Sallis, Himes never really managed to even speak French, let alone write in it. He summarizes nicely:

 "All those years, and all the years to come, The French language and Chester Himes were to stand staring one another down across an impassable river." (pg 251)

Cheers,
--Stewart

--
Stewart Wilson