Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Short and cheap

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 15 Oct 2007

Patrick asked:

"I have to wonder, when you have a perfect original movie with a genius in the lead, why would you do a bad remake and expect to make money and receive kudos by disgusting people's memories."

Two reasons. First and foremost, the people who are old enough to have seen the first, or even know about it, are not Hollywood's target audience. We're way too damn old, don't go to nearly as many movies (as a group) as teenagers do. Teenagers probably don't give a shit about Michael Caine and only know him as an old man. Secondly, Stallone's movies do not make their money in the US, but overseas where he is still considered a star.

Mark