RARA-AVIS: Re: Caustic discussions

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Oct 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "dermdocsx2" <dermdocsx2@...> wrote:

> However, while I enjoy some of the discussions of definitions of
> things like "noir" and "hardboiled", I found that many of them
> recently have degenerated into somewhat disrespectful disagreements
> and caustic barbs. Perhaps off-list communications would be the
> proper forum to continue some of these debates, especially if the
> back and forth goes beyond more than two exchanges. I don't know if
> anyone else feels the same way, but I find myself deleting a lot of
> messages if it appears the jist is an ongoing argument. Thanks for
> listening.

Your point is taken. Let's stick to the topic and cut out personal comments about other posters (i.e., flames), including sneering or belittling somebody else's opinion. The reason some of these discussions recur is that books and films are almost inevitably categorized (in this list, as "noir" or "hardboiled", or a mix, maybe with something else thrown in). We can't avoid that, but we can avoid personally pointed comments.

Best,

mrt