Re: RARA-AVIS: Cain and Hammett

From: William Ahearn ( williamahearn@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Oct 2007

--- jacquesdebierue < jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think all PIs are heroes, though some are
> and others don't
> seem to be either heroes or antiheroes but simply
> professionals.

I think we're getting lost in rusty and discarded romantic notions that might have been the last swill in the bottle as F. Scott Fitzgerald faded into a soiled and untender night dreaming of crazy babes, jazz tunes and class-climbing. Those guys came with the dust and are as gone as farm land as sobbing Okies kiss the sky. We're talking protagonists. We can be heroes for just one day if you really want but where have you been? The notion of heroes as defined by laced and perfumed dandies writing with a quill and dazzled by cantatas is quaint and touching but somehow it seems absurd in a world of atomic bombs and bikinis. Or maybe we've moved on even further. Does Kiss Me Deadly ring a bell?

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>

____________________________________________________________________________________ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/