Sallis (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Tarantino and Hard Case Crime)

From: cptpipes2000 ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 06 Jul 2007

> Mark pondered:
>
> > I still wonder when Sallis decided to end it that way,
> > whether he had it in mind from the start or realized it later.

Thanks for sharing that Sallis quotation, Stewart. Very interesting.

Also, Sallis was a gracious guest on Rara Avis back in 2004 and gave the following answer (I giggled when I saw whom he was responding to):

The series is adumbrated in the first volume, which begins as fairly standard fare, then circles in ever closer to a kind of autobiography. I knew that pattern, that tendency or structure, would continue through the later books. As I wrote MOTH, I knew where I'd end the series -- but I had a few other novels in the series to write first.

http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/archives/200402/0318.html