Re: RARA-AVIS: Tarantino and Hard Case Crime

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Jul 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:
<<By the way, the reason I stopped in that Borders was to pick up your Songs of Innocence, which I'll probably start next week, after finishing Seamus Smyth's Quinn and re-reading Sallis's Long-Legged Fly, which I picked up to dip into but found myself reimmersed, what a great book, what a great series.>>

The Sallis books looked like classics right from the beginning... they have staying power. His characters (not just his protagonists) are intrinsically interesting. And his rhetoric, half Faulkner, half disenchanted professor, is perfect for the kind of story he writes.

Best,

MrT