Re: RARA-AVIS: Books to Films (Thank you all)

From: William Ahearn (
Date: 29 Jun 2007

--- wrote:

> I read In the Cut (have not yet watched all of the
> movie, just clicked
> to a couple of the "good parts," which weren't
> nearly as graphic as
> their rep, or as the book; guess it was just that
> Meg Ryan was in the
> film that made some think they were worse). I had
> mixed feelings about
> it. Moore seemed to have mixed feelings about it,
> not quite sure
> whether she was writing a literary novel or a crime
> novel.

And that is what interests me about it. I read the book years ago when it was the subject of such hoopla and avoided the film because I just can't stand Megan Ryan. So I'm curious about how I feel about the book now and to see what elements the scriptwriters used.

> As for Blow Up, it's been a long time since I've
> read Cortazar's short
> story, but as I recall it provides just the seed for
> Antonioni's movie.
> Both very good.
Less than a seed. It's a nice story and one of my favorite films. And I get to go off on a tangent about The Conversation. Pure win situation.

Essays and Ramblings

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!