RARA-AVIS: He Saw Dead Things Too

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 22 Feb 2007

On Feb 20, 2007, at 5:35 AM, rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> I love Jeff Goldblum's work pre-Jurassic Park 2, and I'm sure he'll
> be a wonderful
> whacked out detective, but doesn't a detective that talks to the
> ghosts of
> the murdered people make it a little too easy for him? "Who killed
> you Mrs. Jones?"
>
> And it's a totally original idea... oh, except for Medium and Ghost
> Whisperer.

And the creator, Graham Yost (son of Elwy and writer of SPEED) can talk all he wants about Chandler, but he grew up in Toronto, where he probably watched SEEING THINGS as a kid, a great quirky Canadian comedy about a nebbish of a reporter (played with great timing by Louis del Grande) who had visions he couldn't control.

Kevin