Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The Long Goodbye

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 14 Feb 2007

TL wrote:

"I'd like to add that THE SILENT PARTNER is another terriffic hardboiled/noir Elliot Gould movie. I'm not sure how easy it is to find, but it's worth the quest. It's an early script by Curtis Hansen who would go on to co-write the screenplay and direct L.A. CONFIDENTIAL many years later."

Meant to reply to this at the time (don't think I did, if so, sorry for the repeat). Looked it up. It's coming out on DVD in April. A terribly underrated film unknown to most. It's modest in its goals, but really achieves them (a trait I'm coming to appreciate more and more these days). I was so blown away by it when I saw it during that mere week or two it was out that I gathered up some friends and went back to the the theater the very next night. Hope it holds up.

Oh yeah, it's got a '70s violent scene to rival the coke bottle scene in Long Goodbye.

Mark