Re: RARA-AVIS: Shark-Infested Custard

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 13 Jan 2007

miker,

Although I know some think this is his masterpiece (wasn't it also Willeford's favorite of his own work?), it was a bit of a disappointment for me, too (although it was better than Kiss Your Ass Goodbye, a portion previously released on its own). Same with The Difference, the only Willeford I've ever put down in the middle, though I did come back to it.

I'm with you that Burnt Orange Heresy is his masterpiece. Amazing book. You might want to try Black Mass of Brother Springer and Woman Chaser, along with the other three Hoke Mosley books, each of which gets a bit further out of Hoke's control.

Mark