RARA-AVIS: Brackett in The Big Book of Noir

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 13 Jan 2007

Mark is right: Leigh Brackett's piece "From the Big Sleep to The Long Goodbye" is indeed in THE BIG BOOK OF NOIR. It's not very long, but it seems pretty good. There are some reminiscences about working with Hawks and Altman, but also some fair criticism towards Chandler's novels. Brackett compares the two and seems to like THE BIG SLEEP better.

I don't have time (two kids quarreling with each other at my feet; "Why did you throw my things off?" There's a possible noir scene coming soon...) to do more thorough synopsis of the article, but it seems to be from 1973. The original publication place is not indicated.

Juri