Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Anyway, Goodis

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 04 Jan 2007

In a message dated 1/4/2007 3:10:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, uplandharmabooks@yahoo.com writes:

To me, it's not so much about the evil-but-beautiful women who lead men to doom, but people overall. A good writer can make a reader relate to the protagonist regardless of gender, and Goodis definitely does that for me (ok, there, I brought myself back to the Goodis topic of the thread LOL).

I agree totally, Amy. When you get down to twisted psychology, which is the most interesting part of noir in my opinion, it can apply equally to men or women. When I read a novel with a male protagonist, I automatically put myself into his place, if I'm caught up at all. Do you do that? I wonder if male readers put themselves into the place of female protagonists? Anybody? I would think so. Vicki