Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Manchette

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 03 Nov 2005

Kerry: No matter what anything has meaning(s), thank god outside of the desires, wishes...and all others Œinvestments¹...of any and all writers, and therefore I do not understand your question to Domenic when you talk about the Œdangerous and disingenuous statements supposedly made by fiction
Œthat professes to be mere entertainment¹... It can profess anything it wants but there is always many may meta-languages running through it independently of that, and some of these readings can be political... The codes can be followed or broken or subverted or can be followed, it does not change the fact that there is always a political subtext somewhere, no matter what. Maybe that¹s what you said...I just didn¹t get the dangerous and disigenuine part of it???

Montois

On 11/3/05 5:43 PM, "Kerry J. Schooley" < gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com> wrote: What struck me about the Manifesto, Domenic, was your recognition that fiction necessarily makes political statements, and perhaps most dangerously and disingenuously so the fiction that professes to be mere entertainment