Re: RARA-AVIS: Bruen and the Tinkers

From: Keith Sparrow ( ksparrow@buckeye-express.com)
Date: 20 Mar 2005

Al wrote:
"I suspect that the loss of teeth in scenes of fictional violence is always going to figure highly. Teeth are an obvious symbol of
 aggression, so knocking them out emasculates (or pacifies, if emasculation
 isn't applicable)."

Actually, the loss of teeth de-masticates mostly.

And, let me retract my previous knock on Gischler's PISTOL POETS. Much further into the book and, even with some heavy duty violence, it is a hoot! Noirish hoot, but a hoot nonetheless.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM