RE: RARA-AVIS: Marcia Muller: Robison

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 27 May 2004

If you're game at all, try TROPHIES AND DEAD THINGS. Still medium-boiled, but I liked it both for itself and for its reflections on the contemporaneous deaths of Abbie Hoffman and the ex-Black Panther whose name has flown out of my pourous memory. I think it made a much better introduction, for me at least, to the series than the first volume would've. Had a more assured and somewhat Roger Simonish quality to it. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Robison

I just finished Muller's EDWIN OF THE IRON SHOES, the first in her Sharon McCone series. It's my first and probably last experience with Muller. Pretty drab fare. It seemed like a cozy with a thin coat of hardboiled paint on it. Not overly convincing and not very compelling. Thumbs down.