Re: RARA-AVIS: DeLillo and Greece

From: E.Borgers ( wbac12034@tiscali.be)
Date: 02 May 2004

Neither did I react to the original thread about DeLillo because I only read "Libra" .

But what I remember is that DeLillo was one of the preferred authors of James Ellroy, as he mentioned it during his 2001 European tour for the publishing of the "The Cold Six Thousand"; he linked Delillo as a direct influence in the way he looks to contemporary history (speaking of his own novels and the Kennedy era) Other authors he said he knew well were George Simenon and Jean-Patrick Manchette, cited as his choice amongst French writers
(Simenon is Belgian but wrote in French, as you know).

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

Mbdlevin@aol.com