RARA-AVIS: Re: Warren Zevon

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 09 Sep 2003

And Brian wrote:

>In an even more recent development, Zevon co-wrote the lyrics to all of
>the songs featured in Carl Hiassen's new book, _Basket Case_. I highly
>recommend this book, whether you're a regular Hiassen fan or not.

Even more recent than dying last night? Man, I knew Zevon was a talented guy, but sheesh! That's downright scary.

Warren, the Lifeless Singer-Songwriter is his name, LA's bravest son, You can still see his lifeless body pounding out the songs, And the muzzle flash of Warren's dark black wit...

His last album, THE WIND, isn't his best, but man, who can ever hear Dylan's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" again, and not think of Zevon laying down that track while walking up the steps? I'll be keeping Zevon in my heart for a long while.