Re: RARA-AVIS: Lesbian Crime Sagas, Hard-Bitten '20s Poetry

From: chrisaschneider@earthlink.net
Date: 09 Aug 2003

-------Original Message------- From: chrisaschneider@earthlink.net Sent: 08/08/03 11:02 PM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: RARA-AVIS: Lesbian Crime Sagas

- - - - - - - - - -

The results of my hasty typing (for "youch" -- ouch! -- substitute "tough" and change "resuling" back into "resulting") gives me a chance to say that the Michael John LaChiusa "Wild Party" musical shouldn't be confused with the rival adaptation, the one with a score by Andrew Lippa.

I'll also remark that the author of "The Big Clock," Kenneth Fearing, gained additional acclaim as a poet. Were his poems as noir-ish as his novel? I really don't know.

I'm sure, though, as this note is being composed, at least one harried academic is writing on "Fearing and Moncure March: The Noir Muse" ...

Chris

Chris